Monday, March 10, 2014


My Stay in Florentina Homes, Dumaguete City

           Me and my 7-year old son had a chance to go to Dumaguete two weeks ago to get the authenticated copies of my diploma and TOR, and to meet old time friends as well. Having read a lot of good reviews about Florentina Homes and Gabby's Bistro, an in-house restaurant of the hotel, I decided to try to stay overnight in the said place. I made sure that we will have a room in Florentina, so I booked with them online a week prior to the travel. The representative was pretty prompt in replying to my queries as well as the booking. 

          Florentina Homes offers pick-up and airport transfers, but in our case we opted to ride a trike to the place. Just tell the motorcab driver to head to Florentina Homes in Bantayan. If they're quite unsure of the location, tell him it's near the Mormon Church. The place is a 10-minute ride from the sea port, but there's no problem with public transportation as trikes often pass by the area. On the one hand, it's about 15 minutes away from the city proper and Silliman University and 20-25 minutes away from Robinson's. 
          My son was really excited when we get to the place because the exterior appeal of the place is pretty fascinating. Here is a collection of photos during our stay in Florentina Homes.
We got a standard room that has either 1 matrimonial bed or 2 single beds. We're given two comfy, big, single beds with two towels, shampoo, soap, and toothpaste ready.  Forgive me for the messy bed. 
Here's our colorful toilet and bath that already has hot/cold shower, sink, a mirror on the side, and a pair of slippers.










View of the lobby and the entrance from our room.



Me and the beautiful flowers.
Lovin' the Koi fishes.
           Yes, we had a good night sleep and overall lovely stay in Florentina Homes. The receptionist upon our arrival was really courteous and pretty. I forgot her name, and she said that she was the one who booked me in the standard room. She was really helpful, too. The receptionist the next day wasn't as helpful as her. We asked her if she could check the phone number of Allied Bank in the city online, but only told us that she's got a lot of work to do. I've realized that even the smallest gestures and act of service from a receptionist or an employee of any company can go a long way. 
          On the one hand, we are lovin' Gabby's Bistro's foods. The Oreo bonanza, which is by the way the most popular recipe in the said resto, was extremely amazing. My son ordered fried chicken in java rice, and I must say that I am quite impressed with the fried chicken as it's saucy up to the bones. Though GB foods are a bit pricey, the size and the taste are delightfully satisfying, so no worries at all.
          We also splashed and used their Oasis Pool in the afternoon and in the morning since my son loves swimming pools. Outsiders can swim at Oasis for 200 per head from 7 am-9 pm.

Here is a roundup of my take on Florentina Homes:
PROS
1. New hotel, so you can expect its facilities and amenities to be clean and well-maintained.
2. Courteous staff except the one that I mentioned.
3. Comfy and spacious beds.
4. Has an in-house restaurant, swimming pool, souvenir shop, and ice cream parlor, so you don't have to go anywhere for food and swimming.
5. Best for families, especially those with children.

CONS
1. Not in the city proper, so you need to ride a trike for 15 minutes to go downtown.
2. Not walking distance to Silliman University, Lee Plaza, and Robinson's, which are some of the most popular spots in Dumaguete City.
3. Expensive.

Will I go back to Florentina?
Definitely, I will.

Have you been to Florentina Homes yet? If you have, share your experience with us. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment